Saturday, September 6, 2014

Back to school, back to school...

I really should be better at updating this. I guess it's hard to update it regularly when not many people read it! haha. Oh well, this is more for me and keeping an update occasionally, I guess. Anywho. Spencer and I are back in school :( But it is also kind of exciting at the same time! Spencer has just one class left that he is taking. We were actually taking it together, but since we couldn't find babysitting for Xavier I had to drop the class. One of the professors for the class said that we couldn't take him to class (which I totally understand), so I had to drop it and will take it next semester. Totally hate that! I don't want to take the class, so taking it with Spencer was going to help motivate both of us. Ugh.

Anyway! I am excited, though, because I have some awesome stuff going on this semester. There is this class called WDA (writers, dramaturgs, actors) that selects 3-6 plays every fall semester and workshops them in the class. Well one of my plays got selected! So I am in the process of writing a murder mystery play and it is being workshopped every Wednesday for the rest of the semester! SO exciting! It's going to be a lot of work but I am super excited about it. I am actually going to pitch my play as a project to direct next semester. So if it gets approved then I will be directing my own full length show next semester!! yay!!! Here's to hoping on that!

Another exciting thing about this semester is that I got offered to TA positions in the Theatre Department. So I am TA-ing the first theatre production class (mostly freshman), and I am also a TA for the class where you direct a mask-club. So the one-act show that I directed last fall, I'm not TA-ing that class this fall! woot woot! I am so excited for it! I get to do something I love and get paid for it!

So basically the only thing that is really hard about this semester is Xavier. He had a really rough week with me going back to school. He has turned out to be quite the mama's boy, so he really struggled with me being gone for a few hours at least once a day, sometimes twice a day. So that's going to be rough. It's hard to be away from him, but I figured my schedule out as well as I could so that I can spend as much time at home with him as possible. But we shall see!

Other than that we are just going about life. Spencer is still working at the LDS Motion Picture Studio. We are grateful he has this job, but it's definitely not what he wants to do forever. He is grateful to be editing videos, but these aren't the type of videos he wants to be editing. He doesn't have a ton of creative freedom and that's hard on him, but he's plugging along and doing his best there. We are doing our best to be good parents to Xavier. He is such a little sweetie! He makes us laugh every day. He has quite the personality shining through an it's great. Although he is very mischievous, so we have to really watch him sometimes! haha. He is such a joy and we are loving being his parents. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment