Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Day 1 of Thanksgiving!

So I am going to try this day of thanks thing again! It is a little more appropriate this month, since Thanksgiving is this month. Anyway...

I cannot believe that it is the 1st of November already! This year has completely flown by. For which I am kinda grateful, this has been a pretty rough year and I have much higher hopes for next year. But we are hanging in there and doing the best we can, and that's all we can do really. Well today was quite the day. I had the day off of work but I definitely did not have the day off. Spencer is applying for the media arts program again this semester, so today we were running errands just getting stuff for his creative sample. He has to have a 3 minute or less creative sample-he is making a short film. We have the people, thank goodness! But today we had to get the clothes/props and it took quite a bit of time. But we have everything he needs, not it's just a matter of making it look more worn and used so that it fits what he is going for. But on to what I am grateful for today...

Cold Autumn Days
I know it's crazy that I am saying this, but sometimes I really do like cold weather. I do prefer cold to hot, though. But today was beautiful (minus the snow). The snow can stay on the mountains as long as it doesn't come down to us. I like looking at the snow, just not necessarily being in it. But today really was beautiful. There are still leaves on the trees, and when the wind would blow it would send the leaves flying and swirling about and it was absolutely beautiful! I enjoyed wearing a coat, and walking into a warm store after being out in the cold was just a wonderful feeling. Sometimes those cold days are just amazing and today was one of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment