Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Pregnancy

Well if I'm being perfectly honest, I don't really like being pregnant so far. I'm only 14 weeks (I'll be 15 weeks on Saturday) and I don't know if it's just because I'm short and have a very short torso/waist, but I already have a belly. If I'm already showing I don't even want to know how big I am going to get later! I'm uncomfortable a LOT. What kills me the most is the lack of energy. I am so tired all of the time, which if you know me very well, know how extremely frustrating that is to me. I am always going and keeping myself very busy, but that has gone to pot in the past while! I just feel so bad that I can't do as much around the apartment as I used to do, especially with Spencer working as hard as he is. I feel really bad that I'm not going to be able to help when we move in a couple weeks. I have started packing a little bit here and there and apparently I can't pick up heavy things. If I pick up something a little too heavy my stomach kills me afterward. It's just very frustrating to me because I hate not being to help and do more.
Spencer, however, is amazing. He gets after me frequently to make sure that I don't overdo it. And he gets after me if I try to lift too much. I don't know why it's such a big deal for me, I know it's not as big a deal for some pregnant women, but it just kills my stomach to lift a whole lot. Anyway, Spencer is fabulous and is so wonderful all of the time! I could not have asked for a more patient, loving husband. I've actually been sicker in the past week or so than I was my entire first trimester and he has been so wonderful. Spencer is such a caring person and I am so, so lucky to have him in my life!
Despite my frustrations with pregnancy already, we are extremely happy. We already love this baby so much and are looking forward to my next appointment. It's next Wednesday (1 week, yay!!!) evening and I can't wait. After the appointment I will schedule my next one for 20 weeks for the gender scan. We are anxiously waiting for that! We are hoping for a boy but of course will be happy either way. I just can't wait until I can start feeling the baby-it might make it a little more real. And I am SO excited for when Spencer can feel our baby move. I absolutely loves it when he rubs my belly, I just can't wait until he can put his hand there and feel our baby kick back.
Our main thing we are looking forward to/dreading is moving. We are so happy to be moving into a different apartment. It's much better than our current apartment. It's a lot bigger and has a washer and dryer and a dishwasher. I cannot even express my joy over not having to hand-wash all of our dishes. And also my complete joy over being able to do laundry any time we need/want to. I'm also just very excited to be in a place that is more homelike. I am ready to not have cinderblock walls! haha. This has been a wonderful first apartment, but we are very grateful we found the place we did to move into it. Anyway. We are doing well. We are very happy, but kinda dreading school starting in a couple weeks! haha.
As for moving, I will put this out there. Since I won't be of much help in the moving process we would REALLY appreciate any help anyone can offer. We are moving from September 5-7. It's a Thursday-Saturday. Thursday and Friday will be more in the afternoon/evening and then Saturday we will just go until we are done. Any help really would be appreciated. Since I can't really move the boxes very easily I will be cleaning our old apartment and unpacking in our new apartment, trying to contribute in some way! haha. I know Spencer would be so grateful for any help though!

No comments:

Post a Comment