Saturday, May 8, 2010

Never a dull moment!

Well I have to say that life with Spencer never has a dull moment! haha. We had quite the adventure last night when I had to take him to the Emergency Room. He was being all macho and showing us (me and a couple roommates) how he could do clap push-ups. He decided to attempt a behind the back clap push-up, as he used to be able to do that.... apparently not anymore! He came down hard on the carpet and split his chin open. I don't handle things like that well, so I started feeling light-headed. I couldn't look at it to even see if he would need to go to the doctor or not, I had to have his roommates come look! haha. Turned out that he needed stitches so I ran to my place and got my purse and we went to he hospital. Spencer was such a good sport about it all and we were laughing and joking around with the doctor and the nurses there. It was midnight and after while we were there, so there weren't too many people around. We did actually have a bit of fun while we were there. Spencer had to get 6 stitches in his chin and he has a nice rug-burn around it now. He also hit hard enough that it rattled something in his ear so he had blood behind his ear-drum. So the doctor prescribed some antibiotics. Apparently blood in the ear leads to an ear infection, so the doctor wanted to just treat that right now as well. Spencer was complaining more about his ear than his chin! haha. It is a very good thing he has a high pain tolerance. We are going to have to make some soft foods for him to eat for awhile because it hurts his ear to chew hard. He has been so great though. I would definitely not be doing as well he is. He is glad he gets this excuse to not shave now! ;) He went to work today like normal and I have to go to work today too. Mother's Day is very busy at a flower shop! I will be very happy when today is over and I can be with Spencer again so I can spoil him. He is amazing and is just such a good sport about this all. I love him :) I told him last night that I was never going to have a dull moment with him around. And I don't think I ever will!

1 comment:

  1. Well looky here - I found your blog :) I have loved reading all your posts and feeling your excitement about the wedding. Just thought you should know that I will now be blog-stalking you. mwa hahaha.

    Ours is jakeandranette.blogspot.com if you feel like blog-stalking us back.

    Good Luck with everything. We will be at the reception so let us know if we can help with anything :)

    ReplyDelete